Thursday, June 28, 2007

“It's amazing huh? How deeply we all want each other?”- (scene v)

Pierre wept large loud tears of grief. “Why!? Why Gawdammmmit!? Why am I treated like I am crazy for wanting to feel connected to other human beings! It's not me that's crazy – it's all of you!"

His tone softens as the grief sets in deeper. "I just want real, sincere, human connection, is that too much to ask!? Where I come from we talk to each other. We spend time together. We show each other love unconditionally. We laugh because it's what we do. – You would all be loved if you came to my country! Not here! – Everything comes with conditions and everything can be stripped away from you at a moments notice!”

Several people within earshot burst into tears too; overwhelmed with empathic grief. Soon quiet acknowledgement and whispers gurgle and burst throughout the semi-lit room – “ I too feel so alone and isolated – I don’t understand why this place is so cold and alien.

Pierre's tears shatter our numb vaneers. Suddenly every social silence that echoes in the caverns of public space becomes a bitter popsicle of passive betrayal, melting on our fearful tongues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment